There is plenty out on the interwebs about renting a social hall for a wedding, but what about when you’re having a private party? Your mom and dad’s 50th wedding anniversary or having a Gone With The Wind costume party just isn’t the same as a wedding reception. So, here are some things to know when you’re looking for a location for this shindig.
Renting a social hall can be tricky. Here are some things to ask when you go in person to see the venue.
- Probably 75% of people who RSVP will show up. Make sure the room can fit that many very comfortably.
- Ask about the catering policies. You will never be able to bring your own food. Most social halls insist on doing the catering, rarely can you choose your own caterer.
- What is the charge for bartenders, alcohol and waitstaff?
- Find out if there is adequate parking included.
- Does the room come with a sound system?
- What is the time all guests must leave?
- Is there a cleaning fee?
- If you’ll have entertainment and dancing, then be sure they have a dancefloor.
- Ask about the cancellation policy should an expected disaster happen that requires you to cancel the party.
- Are tables, tablecloths and table settings included in the rental, if you’ll be having a meal or snacks?
- Is there a smoking area nearby? Yes, some people do still smoke, and you’ll need to warn them if it is a nonsmoking property.
Your Next Party
When you rent a social hall it makes your party much more enjoyable for the guests and for you. Give us a call at Villa Ragusa to discuss the private party you’d like to have at our beautiful facility. And we will allow you to bring in a caterer, if you chose to do so.